Ethernet First Mile (EFM) is a new cheap leased line technology with huge cost savings over traditional leased lines. EFM provides symmetrical upstream and downstream bandwidth upto 20 Mbps with no contention. EFM is suitable for providing reliable VPN and VoIP services, replacing traditional leased lines or SDSL technology.
Ethernet First Mile (EFM) is also highly resilient and covered by an SLA, making it suitable for business critical applications.
EFM is available to more than 80% of business premises in the UK.
EFM achieves reliability by bundling a number of copper pairs together into a single connection. If a single pair fails, the connection keeps running albeit at a lower speed, making it fault tolerant.
Features of Ethernet First Mile leased lines
- New and Cheap Leased Line technology providing cost benefits over other leased line services.
- Uncontended Symmetrical bandwidth, unlike ADSL, SDSL, and FTTC technologies, so performance is not affected by other users on the same exchange.
- Choose from up to 10Mbps connectivity over 2 copper pairs or 20Mpbs over 4 copper pairs.
- Super-resilient service due to multiple pairs; should one pair fail, the service continues over the remaining pairs.
- Ethernet presentation simplifies router choices, or can be plugged directly into a firewall.
- Simple pricing
- More Ethernet First Mile EFM enabled exchanges making EFM available to more than 80% of business premises in the UK.
With EFM, you can gain access to a super-resilient, symmetrical, high bandwidth, and uncontended service that terminates directly at your premises.
Use the availability checker to obtain availability, speed, and costs for our Ethernet First Mile service.